Dragon Powers

Welcome to the Dragon Powers Forum!
Remember to join the Chatland, too! dragonpowers.chatlands.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Powers

Welcome to the Dragon Powers Forum!
Remember to join the Chatland, too! dragonpowers.chatlands.com

Dragon Powers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Powers

Welcome to the forum for the 2D chatland Dragon Powers!

+2
Nekare
Espen 001
6 posters

Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon?

Espen 001
    Espen 001
    Alpha
    Alpha

Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Empty Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon?

Post by Espen 001 Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

I've heard briefly about this dragon, it's not realy common since it's at the brink if extinction. It wasn't realy special untill I found a watch showing it at the front, and on the back a drawing of the mystical flower "The flower of hell" originated from a small island south in Japan.

I wuld like to know more about both the flower and the drangon, and their relationship...
    Nekare
    Nekare
    Alpha
    Owner

AlphaOwner

Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Empty Re: Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon?

Post by Nekare Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:10 am

Espen 001 wrote:I've heard briefly about this dragon, it's not realy common since it's at the brink if extinction. It wasn't realy special untill I found a watch showing it at the front, and on the back a drawing of the mystical flower "The flower of hell" originated from a small island south in Japan.

I wuld like to know more about both the flower and the drangon, and their relationship...

Cool, where did you find it?

It would be nice to know more about this Japanese dragon :)

Last edited by Asteria on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Espen 001
    Espen 001
    Alpha
    Alpha

Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Empty Re: Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon?

Post by Espen 001 Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Asteria wrote:
    Espen 001 wrote:I've heard briefly about this dragon, it's not realy common since it's at the brink if extinction. It wasn't realy special untill I found a watch showing it at the front, and on the back a drawing of the mystical flower "The flower of hell" originated from a small island south in Japan.

The dragon is not japaneese, it's chineese. I don't know so much about it, and i never knew before I found that watch that it migth have had a relationship with the flower. The myth about the dragon is rare enough by itself.
    All I know is that it lives near lakes in the forests in the high mountains in north-west china. I call it a ligthning dragon, even tho it don't have more electrical powers than a normal dragon, i call it that because it's bones are wriggely shaped like ligthning... It's wery skinny so you can se most of the bone structure through the skin.
    Nekare
    Nekare
    Alpha
    Owner

AlphaOwner

Post by Nekare Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm

[quote="Asteria"]
    Espen 001 wrote:
    Asteria wrote:

The dragon is not japaneese, it's chineese. I don't know so much about it, and i never knew before I found that watch that it migth have had a relationship with the flower. The myth about the dragon is rare enough by itself.
    All I know is that it lives near lakes in the forests in the high mountains in north-west china. I call it a ligthning dragon, even tho it don't have more electrical powers than a normal dragon, i call it that because it's bones are wriggely shaped like ligthning... It's wery skinny so you can se most of the bone structure through the skin.

cool, do you have a picture?
    Gladr
    Gladr
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

Post by Gladr Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

This is the only thing I know about chinese dragons. The Chinese dragon is one of the most important mythical creatures in Chinese mythology. The Chinese dragon is considered to be the most powerful and divine creature and is believed to be the controller of all waters. The dragon symbolised great power and was very supportive of heroes and gods. One of the most famous dragons in Chinese mythology is Yinglong "Responding Dragon", said to be the god of rain. Many people in different places pray to Yinglong in order to receive rain. In Chinese mythology, dragons are believed to be able to create clouds with their breath. Chinese people sometimes use the term "Descendants of the Dragon" as a sign of their ethnic identity.

For the most part, Chinese myths involve moral issues which inform people of their culture and values.

Thats all I know.
    Nekare
    Nekare
    Alpha
    Owner

AlphaOwner

Post by Nekare Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Gladr wrote:This is the only thing I know about chinese dragons. The Chinese dragon is one of the most important mythical creatures in Chinese mythology. The Chinese dragon is considered to be the most powerful and divine creature and is believed to be the controller of all waters. The dragon symbolised great power and was very supportive of heroes and gods. One of the most famous dragons in Chinese mythology is Yinglong "Responding Dragon", said to be the god of rain. Many people in different places pray to Yinglong in order to receive rain. In Chinese mythology, dragons are believed to be able to create clouds with their breath. Chinese people sometimes use the term "Descendants of the Dragon" as a sign of their ethnic identity.

For the most part, Chinese myths involve moral issues which inform people of their culture and values.

Thats all I know.

hmm.. After your fact, it looks like it is a sky/water dragon.
    Gladr
    Gladr
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

Post by Gladr Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:09 pm

That's what it sounds like to me. But there could be more. I dont know.
    Nekare
    Nekare
    Alpha
    Owner

AlphaOwner

Post by Nekare Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Gladr wrote:That's what it sounds like to me. But there could be more. I dont know.

hmm ok
    Espen 001
    Espen 001
    Alpha
    Alpha

Post by Espen 001 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:01 pm

No, it's not an powerfull dragon, it's a minior dragon, mostly known by local people only.
    It's not able to controll clouds as other chineese dragons do.

This is a picture of the dragon as it is on my watch:
    Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Cam0082https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/11/cam0082.jpg/

And here is a picture of the flower:
    Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Cam0083https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/828/cam0083.jpg/
    Nekare
    Nekare
    Alpha
    Owner

AlphaOwner

Post by Nekare Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Espen 001 wrote:No, it's not an powerfull dragon, it's a minior dragon, mostly known by local people only.
    It's not able to controll clouds as other chineese dragons do.

This is a picture of the dragon as it is on my watch:
    Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Cam0082https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/11/cam0082.jpg/

And here is a picture of the flower:
    Annyone know annything about a north-western chineese "forest-lake"-mountain dragon? Cam0083https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/828/cam0083.jpg/

cool!
    Skrillex88
    Gamma
    Gamma

Post by Skrillex88 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 pm

I have never seen this dragon before. It sounds like a legendary dragon. Do you know how it is becoming extincted?
    Espen 001
    Espen 001
    Alpha
    Alpha

Post by Espen 001 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 pm

No, it's just a minior dragon. About only known by local people. It's nit that special according to what Iv'e heard.
    But the main thing I want to know is it's connection to that flower!
    Lynxs
    Lynxs
    Dragon Egg
    Dragon Egg

Post by Lynxs Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Ooooh... Pretty pictures! ^^

I know a bit of Dragon lore, the story of the three Chinese Dragons that made the three important rivers of China. And some scientific information, (And draw them pretty good. xD).

The carved picture looks like a Tibetan Dragon to me, there smaller than normal Asian Dragons (And less known about) but I don't know any lore about them, sorry. ^^"
    Collie
    Collie
    Elemental Shaman
    Elemental Shaman

Post by Collie Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 am

My father has this dragon tattooed on his left shoulder
    My dads tattoo:

.O.
    Collie
    Collie
    Elemental Shaman
    Elemental Shaman

Post by Collie Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 am

Well i think its the dragon your talking about :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:45 am